Our most recent Ofsted inspection took place in August 2018 and we are pleased to confirm that we were rated as GOOD overall for the quality and standards of our early years provision.
The ratings in the various assessment areas were:
- Effectiveness of leadership and management – GOOD
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – GOOD
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – GOOD
- Outcomes for children – GOOD
The summary of key findings concluded:
- Leaders and staff provide a stimulating learning environment, indoors and outdoors. Children are confident in making choices about what they want to play with and how they want to learn. Children make good progress in their learning from their starting points.
- Staff have a good understanding of how children learn. They complete accurate assessments and monitor children’s achievements and use these to effectively plan and narrow any gaps in their learning. Leaders monitor these systems successfully to support consistent practices throughout the setting.
- Leaders and staff provide good levels of supervision for children. They provide effective support for all children who require extra input or who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities. This helps ensure outcomes for all children are good.
- Children behave well. Staff are caring and are good role models. For example, they help children understand how to take turns, share and be kind and respectful to others. Babies develop close and affectionate relationships with staff and feel secure.
8:00am until 6:00pm
Monday to Friday
Highnam Day Nursery
Gloucester GL2 8DH